Peng, Pai, Lidan Shou, Ke Chen, Gang Chen, and Sai Wu. "The knowing camera: recognizing places-of-interest in smartphone photos." In Proceedings of the 36th international ACM SIGIR conference on Research and development in information retrieval, pp. 969-972. ACM, 2013.
- B.S. in Information Security, Central South University, 2007 to 2011
- Rank 2 / 61
- Monitor during 2007-2011.
- Ph.D in Computer Science, Zhejiang University, 2011 to 2016
- Rank 1 / 30
- Chairman of the doctoral students association during 2012-2013.
- Chairman of volunteers for top conference VLDB 2014.
Youtu Lab, Tencent
Diabetic Retinopathy / Glaucoma detection via deep learning, 2017.04 - now
Multi-label Image Classifcation for Qzone, 2017.02 - 2017.03
Fu-Scanning for Spring Festival 2017, 2016.12 - 2017.01
Text-based Image Retrieval Enhancement via Visual-based Ranking, 2016.8 - 2016.11
- Familiar with Python as well as scientific computation libraries such as Numpy, Sicpy and Sklearn.
- Experienced in writing and publishing top regular research papers in LaTeX.
- Solid background of common data mining and machine learning algorithms.
- Strong foundation in Deep Convolutional Nueral Networks (ConvNets) for image recognition both in principle and in practice and has a sense for tuning parameters for the neural network learning systerm such as learning rate, batch size, regularization coefficient, etc. Ability to know how to judge and deal with overfitting in a neural network.
- Knowledge of Recurrent Neural Networks (RNN, LSTM, GRU, etc.) for language modeling and understanding.
- Familiar with open source lib Keras with Tensorflow as backend and contribute 2 Pull Requests for Keras community
- Ability to develop a new reserach project independently and turn the research finds into paper and patent.
Peng, Pai, Lidan Shou, Ke Chen, Gang Chen, and Sai Wu. "The knowing camera 2: recognizing and annotating places-of-interest in smartphone photos." In Proceedings of the 37th international ACM SIGIR conference on Research & development in information retrieval, pp. 707-716. ACM, 2014.
Peng, Pai, Lidan Shou, Ke Chen, Gang Chen, and Sai Wu. "KISS: Knowing Camera Prototype System for Recognizing and Annotating Places-of-Interest." IEEE Transactions on Knowledge and Data Engineering 28, no. 4 (2016): 994-1006.
Gu, Xiaoling, Pai Peng, Mengwen Li, Sai Wu, Lidan Shou, and Gang Chen. "Cross-Scenario Eyeglasses Retrieval via EGYPT Model." In Proceedings of the 5th ACM on International Conference on Multimedia Retrieval, pp. 463-466. ACM, 2015.
Li, Huan, Pai Peng, Hua Lu, Lidan Shou, Ke Chen, and Gang Chen. "E 2 C 2: efficient and effective camera calibration in indoor environments." In Adjunct Proceedings of the 2015 ACM International Joint Conference on Pervasive and Ubiquitous Computing and Proceedings of the 2015 ACM International Symposium on Wearable Computers, pp. 9-12. i>ACM, 2015.
Peng, Pai, Hongxiang Chen, Lidan Shou, Ke Chen, Gang Chen, and Chang Xu. "DeepCamera: A Unified Framework for Recognizing Places-of-Interest based on Deep ConvNets." In Proceedings of the 24th ACM International on Conference on Information and Knowledge Management, pp. 1891-1894.i> ACM, 2015.
Gu, Xiaoling, Lidan Shou, Pai Peng, Ke Chen, Sai Wu, and Gang Chen. "iGlasses: A Novel Recommendation System for Best-fit Glasses." In Proceedings of the 39th International ACM SIGIR conference on Research and Development in Information Retrieval, pp. 1109-1112. ACM, 2016.
Xiaoling Gu, Yongkang Wong, Pai Peng, Lidan Shou, Gang Chen and Mohan S. Kankanhalli. ACM Multimedia, 2017.
- National Data Science Bowl (Image Classification). Top 19%.
- Ultrasound Nerve Segmentation (Image Segmentation). Top 20%.
- Facial Keypoints Detection. Top 16%.
- Digit Recognizer (Image Classification). Top 3.8%.
- The Nature Conservancy Fisheries Monitoring (Image Classification). Top 2.3%.
- Intel MobileODT Cervical Cancer Screening (Medical Image Classification). Top 2%.
- Quora Question Pairs (NLP & Language Understanding). Top 15%.
- Google Cloud YouTube-8M Video Understanding Challenge (Video Classification). Top 25%.
- Reviewer for IEEE Transactions on Knowledge and Data Engineering (TKDE, Top Journal).
- Reviewer for Artificial Intelligence Review.
Honors in Tencent
- Business Breakthrough Award in Tencent, 2017.
- Technology Breakthrough Award in Tencent, 2016.
- Knowledge Award in Tencent, 2016.
Honors in Education
- National Scholarship, 2009(Undergraduate), 2014(PhD) and 2015(PhD).
- First-class Scholarship, 2008-2011.
- Outstanding Student Leader Award of Central South University, 2008-2011
- Outstanding Graduate in Hunan Province and Central South University, 2011.
- Outstanding Graduate Leader Award of Zhejiang University, 2013.
- Excellent Social Practice Individual Award of Zhejiang University, 2013.
- Outstanding Graduate Award of Zhejiang University, 2014.
- Triple A Graduate Award of Zhejiang University, 2014.
- Outstanding Graduate Award of Zhejiang University, 2015.
- Triple A Graduate Award of Zhejiang University, 2015.
- Outstanding Graduate in Zhejiang Province and Zhejiang University, 2016.
Computer Science: Introduction to Machine Learning, Machine Learning Techniques, Mining Massive Datasets, Data Analysis and Statistical Inference, Introduction to Computational Thinking and Data Science, Introduction to Big Data with Apache Spark.
Finance: Introduction to Finance(invited as Community TA), Financial Analysis and Decision Making, Introduction to Financial Accounting, Corporate Financial Essentials.